ABOUT US

Our Mission

The Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park is a non-profit organization created to engage public support for the park and provide services to enhance public use and enjoyment of the park.

Our History

Cuyahoga Valley National Park traces its roots to the Cuyahoga Valley Association's efforts in the early 1970s to protect the valley from growing development threats. Culminating with Congressman John F. Seiberling and Congressman Ralph Regula's successful campaign for Congressional designation, the Cuyahoga Valley was recognized as a unit of the National Park System in 1974.

Today, the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park draws its strength from thousands of members, volunteers donors, and advocates who share a love of our extraordinary 33,000-acre national park lying along 20 miles of the resurgent Cuyahoga River between Akron and Cleveland. We work in partnership with the National Park Service to engage the community in enjoyment and support of the park and its programs.

Our passion is to help Cuyahoga Valley National Park rise to its full potential for the people of Northeast Ohio and the nation. We cherish our Cuyahoga Valley as a phenomenal civic asset, a treasured landscape, and a very special place firmly rooted in who we are and what we care for.

People

Meet and contact Conservancy staff.
Find a person >

 

Internships

Employment

Work with us and support our mission.
Find a job >

Blogs

Read our weekly blog, the CVEEC blog, and Ollie's travel blog.
Find a blog >

 

Park Partners

The park has many important partners supporting its work.
Learn more >

 

1403 West Hines Hill Road, Peninsula, Ohio 44264  |  Tel 330 657 2909  |  Fax 330 657 2328