Photo by Tom Jones
Discover one of Ohio’s most scenic regions while pedaling on the Ohio & Erie Canal Towpath Trail. The Towpath Trail offers 81+ beautiful miles of biking like no other!
Towpath Biking Information
- 45 trailheads offer parking, Towpath access & great journey gateways
- Trailheads run from Harvard Ave. North to Canal Lands Park South
- Use a park map and plan a distance that’s right for you!
- One-Way Trip - Frequent riders suggest heading South to North
- Round Trip - Experienced riders suggest Cleve.—Tusc.—Cleve.
- Get the more rigorous journey done first!
- Trail Alerts - Construction & Flooding Closures. Check the National Park Service Webpage before you go, especially after heavy rainfall.
Expand your journey with the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. Bike one way and ride the Scenic Rail back for only $3! It’s a great way to explore your national park! Get started by:
- Heading to one of the CVSR Boarding Stations
- Waving BOTH arms to let the engineer know you’d like to board
- Let Bike Aboard! volunteers load up your bike & you’re on your way!