Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate the month of love than in the heart of nature? Cuyahoga Valley National Park offers a romantic escape for couples and adventurous fun for everyone you love. Here are 14 ways to make lasting memories all month long in the beautiful Cuyahoga Valley.
1. Romantic Hike to Brandywine Falls
Take a leisurely stroll to Brandywine Falls, one of the park’s iconic waterfalls. The cascading water and serene surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for a romantic hike, whether it’s frozen or not!
2. Stop by Trail Mix Peninsula for Unique Gifts
Explore the Trail Mix Peninsula store for unique and locally crafted gifts. Find the ideal souvenir to commemorate your day, whether it’s handmade jewelry, local art, or a sweet treat!
3. Scenic Train Ride with Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
Enjoy a scenic train ride with your loved one. The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad offers picturesque views, making it a delightful way to experience the park together.
4. Attend a Concert at Happy Days Lodge
5. Serve together and Adopt a Trail
Adopt-a-Trail volunteers help park staff maintain safe and well-groomed trails. They participate in trail “sweeps” by picking up litter, trimming branches, clearing culverts, and reporting trail conditions on their adopted trails. For more information about the program or volunteering in general, stop in the Volunteers-in-Parks Open House on Feb. 18 or contact the Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park at email@example.com.
- February 3- Ledges Shelter Trailhead
- February 7- Kendall Lake Shelter
- February 11- Everett Road Covered Bridge
- February 14- Boston Run Trailhead
- February 16- Horseshoe Pond
- February 21- Salt Run Trailhead
- February 28- Oak Hill and Plateau Trailheads
6. Valentine’s Day Dinner at Happy Days Lodge
Book a special Valentine’s Day dinner at the historic Happy Days Lodge followed by a relaxing concert.
- February 17- Dinner by Cleveland Field Kitchen followed by Chris Coles’ Confluence
- March 16- Dinner by Cleveland Field Kitchen followed by Sam Hooper Group
- April 19- Dinner by Pearl Flower Catering followed by Evelyn Wright
7. Selfie Session at The Everett Road Covered Bridge:
Capture your love at the Everett Road Covered Bridge. With its rustic charm and scenic beauty, the bridge provides a perfect backdrop for a hike and some selfies. Capture your special moments against the timeless allure of this historic landmark, creating memories to cherish on this romantic day.
8. Attend a Ranger-Led Hike:
Check the park’s schedule for ranger-led programs or workshops. Keep your hearts healthy with a Healthful Hike!
9. Wildlife Watching at the Bath Road Heronry
Around Valentine’s Day in Cuyahoga Valley, the first male great blue herons return to Bath Road Heronry, a nesting colony. The females follow. These birds are impressive: four feet tall with seven-foot wingspans. During the breeding season, which lasts through June, they are in peak plumage.
10. Winter Sports in CVNP
For adventurous couples, enjoy winter sports like cross-country skiing or snowshoeing. The snowy landscape adds a magical touch to your Valentine’s Day adventure. Learn all about the winter sports that CVNP has to offer.
11. Learn Together at Low Power Happy Hour or a Lyceum Lecture
Unite with your loved one as you expand your minds together, creating a unique and enriching Valentine’s Day experience.
- February 3- Solar Eclipse Science with Cleveland Museum Natural History
- February 7- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle with Reworks
- February 8 – Nurturing Our Conservation Land Ethic
12. Attend a Winter Farmer’s Market
Peruse the Farmers Market every Saturday from 9 AM-12 PM until April 28, 2024, at OldTrail School. Discover a bounty of local treasures from over 30 farmers, food entrepreneurs, and artists. Whether you’re picking out fresh produce or handcrafted goods, this indoor farmers’ market promises a delightful escape into the community’s vibrant offerings, making your Valentine’s Day celebrations as unique as the local finds you uncover.
13. Stargazing on Your Favorite Trail
Pack a blanket and some snacks, and head to your favorite location romantic evening of stargazing. The park’s natural darkness provides an excellent opportunity to admire the night sky. Check out the National Park Service’s recommendations for viewing the night sky in CVNP.
14. Honor Your Loved one and Sponsor an Acre
As you bask in the beauty of Cuyahoga Valley National Park this Valentine’s Day, consider making an enduring impact on this cherished natural haven. Show your love for the park by contributing to its conservation efforts through the “Sponsor an Acre” program.
Whether you prefer a tranquil hike, a romantic dinner, or an adventurous activity, Cuyahoga Valley National Park offers a diverse range of experiences to make your Valentine’s Day truly special. Create memories that will last a lifetime in this picturesque natural haven.