CUYAHOGA VALLEY INSTITUTE: FOR THE BIRDS
For the Birds
Sunday, May 21 | Hines Hill Conference Center & Barn | 8:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Experience the fine art of birding in a completely new way! Hike and observe local bird populations with Dr. Andy Jones, ornithologist from the Cleveland Museum of Natural History. Learn techniques of bird photography beyond traditional equipment usage with artist Michael Loderstedt. Finally, build unique bird houses from reclaimed materials with artist Dana Depew. Take your bird houses home, mount them, and invite your fine-feathered friends to take up residence in their new homes.
- 8 am | Bird walk with Dr. Andy Jones
- 9:30 am | Birdhouse building with Dana Depew
- Made using found objects or odds and ends from your home.
- 12 pm | Bird photography demo with Michael Loderstedt
- How to capture quality brid photographs and becoming good "citizen artists
Online registration is now closed. We will accept additional registrations in person at this program.