The Teacher Network is an extended professional development opportunity for educators that focuses on the continuous development of educational programs and curriculum. Educators participating in the cohort will work with Conservancy for Cuyahoga Valley National Park and National Park Service staff, utilizing resources within Cuyahoga Valley National Park to develop curriculum that integrates environmental education, social emotional learning and distance learning across content areas. Furthermore, the cohort will offer educators a unique opportunity to utilize their skills in collaboration with Cuyahoga Valley National Park educators to establish a high quality, environmental learning experience for their students and the greater Northeast Ohio education community.
Curriculum Advisory Cohort Goals:
- Develop an in person and distance learning program for National Park Service and Conservancy staff to delivery to 6th-8th grade audiences.
- Attend biweekly to monthly meetings virtually with some possibility for in person meetings. There will be a total of 6-8 meetings Nov. 2021 – April 2022. Meetings will last 60-90 min each.
- Assist in reviewing curriculum or resources to share with school partners to enhance virtual and in person programs
- Access to the resources of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and other National Parks within our network.
- Gain new knowledge and skills related to curriculum development.
- Apply expertise and knowledge to Cuyahoga Valley National Park education programs.
- Build a network with professionals and educators outside your school or district.
- Earn a stipend, approximately $500/teacher
- Receive a classroom kit of supplies for environmental education and social emotional learning
- Current 6th – 8th grade educator with Licensure.
- Commitment of 6 months.
- Fill out this application by Oct. 22, 2021: https://forms.gle/zV5WMtpwhvaJxTBH8
- Cohort members will be selected and notified by Nov. 5, 2021
- First cohort meeting the week of Nov 15, 2021. Date and time TBD by availability of cohort members.