Photo by Todd Buswell
Boston Mill Visitor Center
Photo: NPS/Ted Toth
The new Boston Mill Visitor Center officially opened to the public on Friday, October 25, 2019. Serving as the “front door” to Cuyahoga Valley National Park, new and returning visitors , local or from around the world are invited to explore the new exhibits, plan their CVNP adventure with advice from staff and uncover the history of Ohio’s only national park.
Experience the new Visitor Center today: 6947 Riverview Road, Peninsula, OH 44264
Boston Mill Visitor Center Highlights:
- The parking lot entrance is on Riverview Road. Oversized and RV parking is available across the intersection.
- The main building is a fully rehabilitated structure originally built around 1905. It was first a company store for the Cleveland-Akron Bag Company. See if you can find the artifacts from the store on display inside!
- It is the first centralized location where park visitors can orient themselves, discover what CVNP has to offer, and begin their experience.
- Boston Mill Visitor Center will be submitted for Silver Level Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification.
- The center’s south room provides a geographic overview the park, with a 3D tactile tabletop model of the valley in the middle of the room, flanked by murals looking north and south toward Cleveland and Akron respectively. In this way, the center gives out-of-town visitors a more comprehensive overview of the Northeast Ohio region.
- Boston Mill Visitor Center has a retail store/gift shop, featuring educational and interpretive merchandise and souvenirs to help visitors remember their experience.