Love is in the air in Cuyahoga Valley National Park as we head into February! With Valentine’s Day just a few weeks away, we’re celebrating all the ways YOU can love your national park. Check out our top 10 ways to love CVNP and take a moment to show your love for this beautiful place!
10. Post a park photo on social media. Show your friends how much Ohio’s national park means to you by sharing your favorite park photo on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Don’t forget to tag #forCVNP!
9. Shop at Trail Mix. Pick up a special Valentine’s Day gift at Trail Mix Peninsula, and your purchase will directly support park projects and initiatives. Hours & location >
8. Join an Adopt-a-Trail crew. These volunteer trail crews perform regular “trail sweeps” on their adopted trail, keeping the trail in good condition year-round. Help pick up litter, trim branches, clear culverts, and report trail conditions with other trail lovers! Learn more >
7. Hug a tree—literally. Wrap your arms around a massive oak, fragrant hemlock, or willowy hornbeam, and give it a big bear hug!
6. Sponsor an acre of CVNP. Honor a special park memory by giving a sponsored acre in that Cuyahoga Valley National Park location! Plus, you’ll support projects that protect and enhance the park. Choose an acre >
5. Thank a ranger. Swing by the Boston Store Visitor Center or go on a ranger-led hike to personally thank our partners in the National Park Service.
4. Support the arts in the Cuyahoga Valley. Take a friend (or two) to an upcoming concert, or check out one of the adult learning opportunities from the Cuyahoga Valley Institute. Dinner in the Valley also makes a great Valentine’s Day date!
3. Introduce a child to the wonders of nature in CVNP. Take your kids on a hike in the park, or send them on an adventure at the Cuyahoga Valley Environmental Education Center. Learn more >
2. Give your time. There are dozens of ways to volunteer in Cuyahoga Valley National Park, whether you like being outside, talking to people, or working with your hands. Join the ranks of 7,000 other CVNP volunteers and truly make a difference! Learn more >
1. Make a donation to the Conservancy. Help sustain and enhance your national park by giving back to the place you love so much. Your generous donation helps protect CVNP for future generations—thank you! Make a special donation >