NPS / DJ Reiser
- This event has passed.
Cuyahoga Valley Institute: Certified Interpretive Guide Training Program
January 8, 2018 @ 9:00 am - January 11, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
The Certified Interpretive Guide program is designed for anyone who delivers interpretive programs to the public. It combines both the theoretical foundations of the profession with practical skills in delivering quality interpretive programming to visitors. Trainings will be led by NPS ranger and Certified Interpretive Host, Rebecca Jones Macko.
This 32-hour course includes:
- History, definition, and principles of interpretation
- Making your programs purposeful, enjoyable, relevant, organized, and thematic
- Using tangible objects to connect audiences to intangible ideas and universal concepts in interpretive programs
- Presentation and communication skills
- Certification requirements (50-question literature review; program outline; 10-minute presentation)
- Basic course materials provided. Conservancy members will receive a free copy of NAI’s publication Personal Interpretation prior to the training. Non-members need to purchase this book in advance from NAI (a $20 value).
Requirements for the CIG Course
Anyone age 16 or over with a desire to increase their knowledge and skills related to interpretation may participate. Membership in NAI is not required, but NAI members may pay a discounted fee to participate in the program. You can also elect to take the training without becoming certified. You do not have to be an NAI member to take the training course. Registration cost for this training is $380.
The Conservancy is not registering applicants for this Certified Interpretive Guide program. Please register for the CIG training at this link.
For more info, visit NAI’s website: http://www.interpnet.com/
About Cuyahoga Valley Institute
CVI’s core mission is to offer programs in a nature-focused instruction which lead ultimately to a better understanding of the importance of preserving CVNP for current and future generations.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
Ages 16+ preferred for this event.
What can I bring into the event?
We ask that attendees bring their own lunch for this program. We will offer hot beverages (coffee, tea, hot chocolate) and water.
What’s the policy regarding refunds and ticket transfers?
Please visit NAI’s website for more info on these topics.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
We accept tickets in the following forms: printed, digital, or confirmation emails. Please make sure to have one of the prior mentioned for ease of entrance.