NPS / DJ Reiser
- This event has passed.
Festival of Lights: Dinner at 7:30 PM
December 22, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
About Festival of Lights
Celebrate the winter solstice by learning why many cultures observe days of celebration during the month of December. Enjoy a delicious meal in our cozy dining halls, take a magical stroll through candlelit woods, and sample holiday traditions of cultures near and far.
What’s on the menu?
- Roast beef marinated with mustard topped with a red wine bordelaise sauce
- (Vegetarian Option) Baked red bell peppers filled with rice, and a vegan stuffing
- Fresh green salad with housemade salad dressings
- Whipped horseradish mashed potatoes
- Maple roasted butternut squash
- Housemade Italian bread and honey wheat rolls
- Chocolate cherry bread pudding with a rum cherry sauce, topped with housemade whipped cream
- Homemade hot chocolate and cookies will be available at some of our holiday stations on campus
About the Cuyahoga Valley Environmental Education Center
Since 1994, the Cuyahoga Valley Environmental Education Center (CVEEC) has provided transformative experiences for youth and adults through both residential and day education programs and special events like Festival of Lights. Our programs connect participants to the stunning beauty of Cuyahoga Valley National Park and help foster stewardship and appreciation for the natural world. Each year, we serve over 10,000 children and adults and provide nearly 2,000 scholarships to lower-income families.